10-th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
ON INSTRUMENTATION FOR COLLIDING BEAM PHYSICS
Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics,
Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Science,
February 28 - March 5, 2008
Minutes of the meeting
of the Program and Advisory
after the INSTR-08 Conference
- The place and time for the next Conference. We should contact
our SLAC colleagues and discuss with them a possibility of holding
the next Conference at SLAC.
- The Conference should be a bit shorter: 5-6 days in total with
half a day off for a Social program.
- The current format with plenary sessions only and some poster sessions
- The general impression about the Conference is favorable and it is
worthwile to hold it every three years alternating it with the
Vienna and Elba Conferences.
- What should its title and program be? Should be there more
emphasis on applications? More or less anonymously, the title could be
"Instrumetation for Particle and Astroparticle Physics Experiments".
Detectors discussed should be mostly oriented on fundamental physics.
It is worth having a few invited reviews on applications of
detectors developed and traditionally used in high energy physics.
- Should we revive the idea of Round Tables to discuss
some selected topics with a Convener assigned beforehand
who will prepare introductory remarks and may be invite
a few speakers?
- It was pointed out that in three years from now
there would possibly be strong interest to upgrade
of both LHC and its detectors. Thoughts about future
SuperLHC could include new detectors with high radiation
hardness, sufficiently fast with appropriate DAQ.
- How to give a better chance to young researchers?
One possibility is to foresee special sessions with brief
oral presentations of the young scientists with
best of them rewarded.